3 November, 2022
Chocolate Covered ChipsPosted in : Appetizers, Cookies, Desserts on by : MikeZ
Chocolate Covered Potato Chips
A simply delicious combination of your favorite taste treats: Chocolate and Salty potato Chips.Difficulty: Easy
Servings 16 1 oz. Portions
- Double Boiler
- Several Baking Sheets
- Wax Paper
- 1 lb. Milk Chocolate - chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 16 oz. Ridged Potato Chips - regular flavor
- Place butter and 3/4 of the chocolate into a double boiler. Heat, stirring occasionally until the chocolate has melted, then continue to heat the chocolate to 110° F., stirring occasionally. (Use a meat thermometer, if needed).
- When the chocolate reaches temperature remove it from the heat and stir in the remaining chopped chocolate until melted. Continue stirring until the chocolate has cooled to 90° F.
- Dip chips individually into the chocolate and place on waxed paper, starting far away from you and working toward you to avoid drips on finished chips. (Use wax paper-lined baking sheets for easy handling.)
- Cool to set. Refridgerate if desired once set.
Cooling before dipping will TEMPER the chocolate and is an important step.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved