31 October, 2021
Pizza SaucePosted in : Misc on by : MikeZ
Italian Pizza Sauce
Here's an authentic recipe for all our Italian friends. A tasty blend of spices and tomatoes to achieve perfection. in any oven. You can almost smell Italy in the kitchen.Dificulty: Beginner
- Medium Sauce Pan
- 1 ½ Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp minced Garlic
- 3 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 can Crushed Tomatoes - 15 oz.
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Basil – chopped - or 1 tsp dried
- 1 ½ tsp Dried Oregano - or 1 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper - to taste
- Heat Olive Oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add Garlic and sauté for 10 seconds, then add Tomato Paste and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring for 1 minute, spreading Tomato Paste along the bottom of the pan, and stir while cooking.
- Remove from heat, stir in Crushed Tomatoes, Oregano, Fresh Basil, and season with Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Spread over pizza dough
May be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved