22 December, 2021
French Fries – ItalianPosted in : Sides on by : MikeZ
Oven Baked Fries covered in Italian Herbs and Romano CheeseDifficulty: Beginner
- Baking Sheet
- 4 Idaho Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. EVOO
- 1 Tbsp. dried Italian Herbs - oregano, thyme, marjoram, and basil
- 1 cups freshly grated Romano Cheese
- ⅛ cup Parsley - finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Butter - 1/4 stick – cut into cubes
- Coarse Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper - to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Peel and slice potatoes into 1/3-inch-thick French fry-style strips, soaked in cold water.
- Drain the potatoes and pat dry with paper towels. Spread 1 tablespoon of the olive oil on a rimmed baking sheet and spread out the potatoes – Overlapping is OK.
- Sprinkle the dried herbs evenly over the potatoes. Liberally spread the cheese and parsley on top. Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the cheese. Scatter the cubed butter around the pans.
- Bake until the potatoes are golden brown, rotating the pans after 30 minutes, for 45 to 50 minutes total. Use a spatula to lift off the potatoes along with all the crusty cheese.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
Suggested by Sandy Patrick Morales – February 23, 2021
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved