12 December, 2021
HaluskiPosted in : Sides on by : MikeZ
A traditional Slovak/Polish dish of Cabbage & Noodles
- Large Skillet
- 1 Small Head Cabbage
- 1 Lg. Onion - sliced
- 1 bag Egg Noodles - boiled al dente’
- 1 Stick Butter
- 1 Clove Minced Garlic - (Optional)
- 2 Tbsp. Crispy Bacon Bits - (Optional)
- Quarter Cabbage – then slice/chop a little larger than for coleslaw.
- Sauté onion (and optional Garlic) until just starting to soften.
- Add cabbage, stir together and sauté until soft.
- Add cooked noodles and cook together until noodles become slightly golden.
Shared by Patricia Maravola You can add caraway seeds for extra flavor or bread crumbs for extra crunch. It’s usual to add some extra butter because butter makes it better.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved