19 March, 2022
French FriesPosted in : Sides on by : MikeZ
Oven Baked Fries to rival the best restaurant Double Fried Fries without all the grease and calories. CRISPY on the outside. Soft, yet firm on the inside.Difficulty: Easy
- Rimmed Baking Sheet
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Aluminum Foil
- Russet or Yukon Potatoes
- 3 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- ¾ cup Water - for slurry
- Salt - (to taste)
- 3 Tbsp. EVOO or Cooking Spray
- 6 cups Boiling Water - for soaking
- Preheat Oven to 425°F.
- Slice Potatoes in half lengthwise, then into 1/4" to 3/8" Slabs, and finally into fries.
- Place fries into a Large Bowl and cover completely with Boiling Water for at least 10 minutes to precook and remove surface starches.
- Cover a Rimmed Baking Sheet with Foil and grease uniformly with EVOO.
- Drain potatoes and lightly pat dry with paper towels.
- Stir 3/4 cup of Water into Cornstarch until dissolved and lump free.
- Microwave Cornstarch slurry, stirring every 20 seconds, until mixture begins to thicken, 1 to 3 minutes. Remove from microwave and continue stirring until it thickens to the consistency of pudding.
- Add potatoes back to bowl and mix in Cornstarch slurry until all fries are evenly coated.
- Arrange in a single layer on baking sheet. Cover tightly with greased foil and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake until bottoms are lightly browned. 12 to 18 Minutes.
- Gently flip fries with a spatula and finish baking until evenly browned. Another 12 – 18 Minutes.
- Preheat to 400°F or 425°F.
- Arrange in NO MORE THAN 2 LAYERS in Fryer (Do several batches if necessary.) and bake for 12 Minutes or until Golden Brown. Shake/Flip after 6 Minutes.
Sprinkle with Salt or your favorite seasoning when finished baking.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved