24 November, 2021
Sauce – BechamelPosted in : Sauces on by : MikeZ
THE white sauce to use as a base for dozens of Recipes.Difficulty: Easy
Servings 4 Cups
- 2 Qt. Saucepan
- ½ cuo AP Flour
- 4 cups Milk - Cold
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 pinch White Pepper
- In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add the flour and whisk until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the milk, whisking constantly to prevent lumps.
- Simmer over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the sauce is thick, smooth, and creamy, about 10 minutes. Do not allow the sauce to boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in salt and white pepper. Adjust to taste.
The sauce can be made up to 3 days ahead. Cool, then cover and refrigerate.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved