25 August, 2023
Chicken ScampiPosted in : Chicken, Seafood on by : MikeZ
Tender Chicken in a buttery garlic sauce with a hint of white wine and cream. Restaurant quality at home. Also great with Shrimp. Difficulty: Easy
- Large Skillet
- Medium Soup Pot
- 8 Oz. Angel Hair Pasta
- 1½ Lb. Chicken Breast - ~2 Large Breasts
- – OR –
- 1½ Lb. Large Shrimp - cooked and deveined.
- ½ cup AP Flour
- ¼ tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 2 tsp. Salt - Divided
- ¼ tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. EVOO
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Red Onion - sliced, stem to root
- ½ Red Bell Pepper - julienned
- ½ Yellow Bell Pepper - julienned
- ½ Green Bell Pepper - julienned
- 4 Cloves Garlic - crushed
- ½ cup Dry White Wine - See note
- ½ cup Whipping Cream
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese - grated
- 1 tsp. Chopped Fresh Parsley - chopped
- ¼ tsp. Red Chili Flakes - Optional
- In a medium-sized pot, boil water and salt it. Add your pasta, and cook according to the package instructions. When the pasta is cooked, reserve 1 cup of the pasta water and drain the pasta.
- Crosscut the Chicken Breasts into 1/2″ thick, 1″ wide strips.
- Dredge the chicken strips in flour seasoned with Italian Seasoning, Salt, and Pepper.
- Heat oil in a skillet, and lightly brown the chicken on all sides (about 3 minutes) until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet, cover, and set aside. (Skip this step for Shrimp.)
- Melt butter in the skillet, and add the onions and the bell peppers. Cook until the peppers are slightly softened, then add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the wine, deglaze the pan, and allow it to reduce for 4 minutes.
- Add reserved pasta water, and whipping cream to the sauce. Once the sauce starts simmering, add the parmesan cheese, 1 tsp. of salt, chili flakes if desired, and the pasta. Toss to combine.
- Add the chicken (or Shrimp). Garnish with chopped parsley and serve warm.
Substitute Shrimp for the Chicken, if desired. Or use half the amount of each. Substitute Chicken Broth for the wine if desired. This is best with Pinot Grigio or another DRY white wine such as Chardonnay, Pinto Blanc, or Sauvignon Blanc for cooking. Mini, single serving bottles are great for this, leaving no left-over wine in an open bottle. Serve over your favorite pasta – Linguini, Spaghetti, or Angle Hair work best.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved