15 December, 2021
Wedding Soup IIPosted in : Beef, Chicken, Soups on by : MikeZ
Italian Wedding Soup II
Yet another version of this classic. Ready in minutes but with all the traditional flavor of one cooked for hours. The rich chicken soup base, veggies, and pasta all work well together.
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Large Oven-proof Baking Dish or Dutch Oven
- 2 Large Eggs - lightly beaten
- ½ cup Dry Bread Crumbs
- ¼ cup Fresh Parsley - minced
- 2 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Raisins - finely chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic - minced
- ¼ tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ Lb. Lean Ground Beef - 90% lean
- ½ Lb. Pork Sausage - bulk spicy
- 2 boxes Chicken Broth - 32 oz.
- ½ tsp. Pepper
- 1 ½ cups Pre-cooked Chicken Parts - deboned – cubed
- ⅔ cup Acini di Pepe Pasta - uncooked
- ½ cup Fresh Baby Spinach - julienned
- Shredded Parmesan cheese - (Optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- Crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1/2-in. balls.
- In a Dutch oven, brown meatballs in small batches; drain.
- Add the broth and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and pasta; cook 5-7 minutes longer or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in spinach; cook until wilted.
Freezing & Reheat Instructions
- Freeze option: Before adding cheese, cool soup. Freeze soup in freezer containers. Reheat option: To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat throughly in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth or water if necessary.
Contributed by Pat Tucci – November 5, 2019 Sprinkle each serving with cheese. You can always tailor the ingredients to your taste.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved