3 November, 2021
PALACINKYPosted in : Breakfast, Desserts on by : MikeZ
PALACINKY (CREPES SUZETTES)
A Breakfast Feast on Sunday morning for the whole family. Quick and simple to make, these Crepes will vanish as fast as you can make them.Difficulty: Medium
- 10" Non-stick Frying Pan
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Butter - melted
- ½ tsp Salt
- Preserves or Marmalade - Mashed Strawberries in season
- Powdered Sugar
- Fruit Syrup
- Whipped Cream
- Combine sifted Flour, Sugar, and Salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add the whole Eggs, one at a time beating well after each.
- Add Milk to thin the batter as needed.
- Beat by hand until smooth.
- Stir in melted Butter.
- Pour 1/2 cup batter into a heated, lightly greased skillet.
- Swirl around skillet to coat bottom of pan.
- When brown on the underside, turn over and brown on the other side.
- Remove from pan. Allow to cool.
- Spread with jam, jelly, preserves, or marmalade.
- Roll & Serve.
- Top with powdered Sugar, Fruit Syrups &/or Whipped Cream, if desired.
This is like making very thin, large pancakes. You’ll need a bit of experience on the first few to get the temp and timing just right. Fruit fillings are your choice but in keeping with tradition, these are never served unfilled.
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved