17 November, 2021
Cookies – SugarPosted in : Cookies on by : MikeZ
Holiday Treats that are as much fun to make as they are to eat! Every conceivable shape for virtually every holiday throughout the year – from Snowmen to Leprechauns to Goblins and Ghosts. No holiday is complete without these perennial favorites on your Holiday table.Difficulty: Easy
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Rolling Pin
- Several Baking Sheets
- Electric Hand Mixer
- Pastry Bag and Tips
- ½ cup Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp, Vnilla
- 2½ cups AP Flour
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 2½ tsp. Baking POWDER
- 4 cups Connfectioner Sugar - sifted
- 3 Tbsp. Meringue Powder
- 10 Tbsp. Water - Room Temp
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl
- Roll into sheets approximately 1/8" thick on a floured surface.
- Cut with Cookie Cutters of your Choice
- Bake 10 15 minutes per batch
- Transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Beat all of the icing ingredients together on high speed for 1.5 – 2 minutes. When lifting the whisk/beaters up from the icing, the icing should drizzle down and smooth out within 5-10 seconds. If it’s toothick, add a little more water. (On dry days, it can take 12-14Tablespoons water total.) If it’s too thin, add a little more sifted confectioner sugar.
- You’ll need a small bowl for each color of icing. Spoon 1/4 cup of icing into each bowl and slowly add food color (stirring constantly) until you get the desired color.
- Using a Pastry Bag and a fine tip, apply icing. (This icing takes 1½-2 Hours to dry between applications.)
Let your imagination run wild. This is a particularly fun activity for the youngsters in your family.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved