20 December, 2021
Pizza Sauce – ItalianPosted in : Sauces on by : MikeZ
Italian Pizza Sauce
Here's an authentic recipe for all our Italian friends…Difficulty: Beginner
- Medium SaucePan
- 1 ½ Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp minced Garlic
- 3 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 15 oz can Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp chopped Fresh Basil - or 1 tsp dried
- 1 ½ tsp Dried Oregano - or 1 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- Heat Olive Oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add Garlic and sauté for 10 seconds, then add Tomato Paste and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring for 1 minute, spreading Tomato Paste along the bottom of the pan, and stir while cooking.
- Remove from heat, stir in Crushed Tomatoes, Oregano, Fresh Basil, and season with Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Spread over pizza dough or store in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze up to 3 months.
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved