28 November, 2022
Chicken Salad with FruitPosted in : Chicken, Salads, Sides on by : MikeZ
Fruited Chicken Salad
Award Winning Chicken and Fruit Salad. A real Picnic Treat.Difficulty: Beginner
- Large Mixing Bowl
- 1 can Pineapple Tidbits - 15 oz.
- 4 cup Cooked Chicken - Diced
- 1 can Mandarin Oranges - 11 oz. Drained
- 1 can Sliced Water Chestnuts - 8 oz. Drained
- 1 Pkg. Toasted Almonds - 2-1/2 oz. Sliced
- 1 cup Celery - Chopped
- 1 cup Seedless Grapes - Cut In halves
- 1-1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Curry Powder
- 1 can Chow Mein Noodles - 3 oz.
- Lettuce Leaves
- Drain pineapple tidbits, reserving 2 Tbsp. juice.
- Combine pineapple, chicken, oranges, chestnuts, almonds, celery and grapes in a bowl and mix well.
- Combine reserved juice, mayonnaise, soy sauce and curry powder in a bowl, then add to chicken mixture.
- Chill for 1 – 2 hours.
- Stir in noodles before serving on lettuce leaves.
Submitted by Margaret Weber of North Canton
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved