17 October, 2022
SchnitzelPosted in : Chicken, Pork on by : MikeZ
A German taste treat made with Veal, Pork, or Chicken. Served with Buttered Noodles or Potato Salad, it is a great weekday dinner.Difficulty: Easy
- 3 Medium Mixing Bowl
- Air Fryer
- 6 Veal, Chicken Breast, or Boneless Pork cutlets - ¼” thick
- ¼ cup AP Flour
- 2 Eggs - large
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp. Dried Parsley
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese - grated
- Salt and Black Pepper - to taste
- Lemon Wedges - (for garnish)
- Mix together Flour, Garlic Powder, Parsley, Salt, and Pepper in a small bowl.
- Pound Meat to ¼” thick cutlets between sheets of plastic wrap. Pat dry and lightly dredge in flour mixture. Coat each cutlet evenly and on all edges. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs and mustard together in a 2nd bowl.
- In a 3rd bowl, stir together the Panko and Parmesan cheese.
- Bread each floured cutlet by coating it first with the egg mixture and then the breadcrumbs. Pat the breading on each cutlet to make sure the breadcrumbs stick well.
- Place the cutlets in the air fryer in a single layer, preferably on a wire rack. If necessary, cook the schnitzel in batches.
- Fry for 4 minutes at 375° F. then gently flip the cutlets. Fry for an additional 4 minutes until golden and crispy.
- The internal temp should be 160° – 165° F.
Traditionally made with Veal, this same recipe works very well with Chicken Breasts or Boneless Pork Chops. Serve the schnitzel with lemon wedges as garnish and squeeze a bit of juice on them just before serving. The power of Air Fryers varies widely. Monitor doneness carefully to avoid over-cooking.
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved