8 July, 2022
Beef Tips in CrockpotPosted in : Beef on by : MikeZ
A Simple. Easy to Prep, Slow Cooker version of a family favorite.Difficulty: Easy
- Crock Pot
- Large Soup Pot
- Small Mixing Bowl
- ⅓ cup AP Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 1 Lb. Beef - cubed
- 1 ½ cups Beef Broth
- 1 Medium Onion - sliced
- ½ Lb. Fresh Mushroom Caps - Baby Bell, Portobello, or Cremini
- 1 tsp Worschesire Sauce
- ½ tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. Cornstarch - for Thickening
- ¼ cup Water - for Cornstarch
- Wide Egg Noodles, Rice or Mashed Potatoes
- Combine Flour, Salt & Pepper in a plastic bag, mixing well. Add cubed beef to the bag and thoroughly coat the meat.
- Wipe Mushrooms with a paper towel to remove any surface dirt. (Discard stems) Slice Caps into 1/8" thick slices.
- Peel and slice the Onion in half, stem to root, and then crosscut into ¼" slices.
- Mix Italian Seasoning, Beef Stock and Worschesire in a small bowl.
- Add Beef, Stock, Mushrooms and Onion into the Crockpot. Cook on Low for 5 Hours.
- In a small glass, mix Cornstarch and Water until free of lumps. Add to the Crockpot about 15 minutes before everything is done to thicken the gravy base.
- Serve hot, over Noodles, Rice or Mashed Potatoes.
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved